When it comes to using personas for marketing, personas are most often used in targeting, i.e., selecting people who are to receive the company’s marketing messages. However, personas can also be used for copywriting – ideally, personas result in more personal ad copy texts that are better resonating with the target audience that the persona represents.
Finally, personas can be used for market research, so that you segment the overall market (or customer base) not as nameless, faceless target groups but as personas with names and individualized attributes. This can improve the customer-centric decision making of your company.
More articles on persona use cases
- How are Personas Used in Real Organizations?
- How to use a persona? 13 persona use cases listed
- How to Use Personas? Listing Typical Persona Use Cases
- How can I use a persona for advertising?
- How can I use a persona for online analytics?
- How can I use a persona for UX design?
Jansen, B. J., Salminen, J., and Jung, S.G. (2020) Data-Driven Personas for Enhanced User Understanding: Combining Empathy with Rationality for Better Insights to Analytics. Data and Information Management. 4(1), 1-17. https://content.sciendo.com/view/journals/dim/4/1/article-p1.xml