Personas provide alternative to numbers. Therefore, you can use personas to present your online analytics data as people instead of nameless, faceless target groups. This can help decision makers to “get into the shoes” of customers, offering a more immersive understanding of the customers than the “cold”, raw numbers. This is best paraphrased as “personas give faces to data.”
Read more about data-driven personas.
More articles on persona use cases
- How are Personas Used in Real Organizations?
- How to use a persona? 13 persona use cases listed
- How to Use Personas? Listing Typical Persona Use Cases
- How can I use a persona for advertising?
- How can I use a persona for marketing?
- How can I use a persona for UX design?
Jansen, B. J., Salminen, J., and Jung, S.G. (2020) Data-Driven Personas for Enhanced User Understanding: Combining Empathy with Rationality for Better Insights to Analytics. Data and Information Management. 4(1), 1-17. https://content.sciendo.com/view/journals/dim/4/1/article-p1.xml