Creating a persona involves five steps, which are:
- Step 1 Identify: Categorize the population of customers, users, or audience members
- Step 2 Collect: Gather data about the Identified populations specifically concerning behaviors (or goals, pain points, etc.) and demographics.
- Step 3 Segment: Group the population into unique segments based on unique behaviors, goals, pain points, etc.
- Step 4 Generate: Produce identifiable complete segments with combined behavioral and demographic data
- Step 5 Enrich: Augment each complete segment with individual characteristics, such as photo, name, etc. to create a complete persona profile for each segment. The set of persona profiles that represents the population is the end product of the process.