For our forthcoming book, “Data-Driven Personas”, one of the personas that we are designing the book’s content for is the computer science educator, Kristi.
The following is a post from the APG Team’s summer 2020 intern, Jaad Mohammed.
Here we talk about how the APG system enriches a data-driven persona by adding personality to the persona, like the education level.
After APG creates a base persona from a set of user data by following a unique sequential method which comprises of :
- Identifying distinct user interaction patterns from the data,
- Linking these distinct user interaction patterns to user demographic groups,
- Identifying impactful user demographic groups from the data,
- Creating base personas via demographic attributes, and
- Enriching these base personas to create rich personas description.
Now that we have a base persona, the system queries the Facebook Application Program Interface (API) to collect information like related demographics such as the personas education level by feeding the API details of the base personas like its interests and demographics data.
These are the steps taken by APG to add an Education Level to a Persona Profile.
- Jung, S. G., Salminen, J., and Jansen, B. J. (2020) Giving Faces to Data: Creating Data-Driven Personas from Personified Big Data. In Proceedings of Intelligent User Interfaces (ACM IUI2020). 17-20 March. Cagliari, Italy.